It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 am 
Site Admin

As some of you may or may not know Bukkit has effectively closed it's doors on development, thus leaving the entire multiplayer community in complete disarray. I would like to take the time to reassure the community that we will continue to run the server no matter what the future holds. There is already much talk of Bukkit's predecessor "Sponge" and another project known as "Glowstone" that are currently developing to fill the need that Bukkit has left us with. We will be keeping an eye on all possible moves we can make to continue hosting a modern Minecraft server.

That being said many other servers out there are already calling it quits or planning shutdowns in the near future. This could not be more opposite of our stance. Until I get a letter from Notch himself saying that the SilverTowers' server needs to be placed in a Minecraft museum of history, I simply won't allow it to shut down. I look forward to many more years of fun with everyone! :wave:

To rolling with the punches!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm 

People have been asking me questions about the Bukkit Takedown and the 1.8 Delays, specifically why Bukkit was issued a takedown and why someone is taking Bukkit down.

For those that want the full story about why we are having a 1.8 Delay and why Bukkit is dead, this is the best explanation I have read thus far. And it isnt from anyone on either side of this, it is written by a Bukkit Plugin Developer who had very little to do with CraftBukkit. He also happens to be the Project Co-Lead on the Sponge Project that Silver mentioned above and the creator of WorldEdit and WorldGuard.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... to_bukkit/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:06 pm 

You guys are already 1.8, but I thought I'd still leave this here
http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/over-50 ... ves.29046/