It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:05 pm 

1. In Game Name: Nighttt

2. Reason shown to you for being banned: Extreme Greifing

3. Tell us your version of what happened: MisterBell messaged me, wanting me to take down a "randomly spawned" castle gate he found in the feature world. I didn't have any reason not to trust him and he said he would pay me when it was done. I teleported to him and began working on taking it down. He was with me the whole time fighting off the mobs that were there while I worked. Nothing was said in chat about this wall being someone else's and there were no claims anywhere. I found out today that the wall was jib's and i had griefed it.

4. Why you think you should be unbanned: Clearly I was stupid and trusted what MisterBell had said, about this being randomly spawned and he found it on his own, but I feel as I had no knowledge that this was jib's property and can return any and all materials to him if he wants, that I should be unbanned. Otherwise, I would be ok for someone to ask a player to take down another player's structure, stating that it was theirs or randomly generated, and have all the blame be put onto the worker who was decieved.

Thank you for your time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:55 pm 

Thank you for following the guidelines for appeals this time. I will check the chat logs tonight to see if your story is true, and assuming it is then I will lift the perm ban. Now that being said, I feel the need to address some things that were said.

Before I get to far into this, I want to say that if you had posted this post in the first place and followed the ban appeal rules then i would unban you (assuming your story is correct as I cant check chat logs from work). However, you chose to be an asshole in your first appeal which not only is a blatent disregard for the rules we set for appeals, but also disrespectful to those involved.

1. Dont you dare accuse me of making up or over exaggerating your griefing because of some vendetta I have against you (which I dont). I was not online when "you were told you could tear down the gate/wall", I was not online when it was reported by Jib as grief, I was not online when the grief was rolled back (nor did I do the rollback), and when I saw the Ban Report I specifically told everyone online (Including Sasu and Hathor who were the ones that did the rollback) that they should not ban you until I have had a chance to look at the grief, and i quote "because he is a veteran and former staff, I want to triple check this before we go any further with this". If you dont believe me, ask Hathor or Sasu or Carnage or anyone else that was online at the time. So before you go attacking me for some grudge you think I have against you, get your facts straight.

2. There is no reason to attack other players as part of your ban appeal. I dont care what Link said, there is no reason to drag him into this and start attacking him. And his response says exactly that, he should not be a part of your appeal at all, all it makes it look like is that you are bitter and pointing fingers at anyone except yourself

3. Why do we care if you were on or not!? Seriously? You were staff ... we gave you that position with the understanding that you wanted to help players and such, so how the hell does it help players if you are gone for 2 months? And yes, school should come first and I am glad you chose to study for your finals and what not, and yes you did say you wouldnt be around for about a month. And about a month later you came back asking about trello being dead, played for a couple days and then just vanished without saying anything. You were gone an additional month without telling us anything and THAT is why we started talking about removing you. HOWEVER, that has NOTHING to do with why you were banned and should have nothing to do with your ban appeal, but it just shows us that you are VERY bitter about losing your staff position and refuse to take the blame for leaving us high and dry.

4. Just because something isnt claimed, doesnt mean it is fair game. Of all people, I would expect you ... a former staff member ... to understand that. Some people dont have the spare blocks to claim their stuff, or havent played long enough to cover the entire area, or whatever reason. Doesnt mean you get a pass for breaking his area.

5. As for your attitude over the past few days. I am going to explain this one more time, and I am not getting into it after that. You have no right to criticize or belittle the other staff on the server. The things you were saying were completely out of line, joking or not and the fact that you continued after multiple people hinted and told you to stop is just ridiculous. In order for you to understand what you were doing, I had to lose my cool and go off on you just to get you to realize that what you were saying was not ok ... and even then you didnt believe that i was serious. You dont get to pretend you are better than the staff, you dont get to joke around about being better than the staff, you dont get to criticize the other staff for things they did or did not do, and you do not get to accuse the other staff of lack of dedication. Every staff member here has put way more time and effort into this server than you have, and it is disrespectful to claim otherwise. In fact, just to add, JibJib ... who you are quick to criticize and belittle, put more time, effort, and dedication into his time as staff than you have .. And before you try and say you werent doing any of those things ... I saw you say that "you were a better staff member" than Hathor, accuse Uber of lack of dedication because he was gone for a few months, criticize me for having a bad attitude, and just overall act condescending and above everyone else on the server. I let it slide for a long time (about two days of watching you do these things and saying nothing) and gave you the benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough. I tried telling you "I know you think you are being funny, but you arent" ... I muted you for about 20 minutes until you started suicide spamming (which by the way, uber almost temp banned you right then and there), and you still didnt get the point and I had to yell at you in front of everyone just so you would get the point. So I am going to say one last time, Get over yourself, or get out ... cause im not putting up with it anymore. That being said, this has nothing to do with why you got banned (as I said earlier), so it is irrelevant but seeing as you are still pissy about it, im explaining this for the last time.

So, assuming the chat logs back your story and MisterBell specifically said that you could tear down the wall, then I will lift the perm ban. However, because of your attitude here on the forums in your ban appeal and your blatent disregard for the rules, I will issue a 5 day temp ban instead. If the chat logs do not back your story, then the appeal will be declined and the perm ban will remain.

Also, as far as I am concerned after seeing you over the last few days, any chance you had of ever getting staff again is gone. I will never support an application for you to get your position back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:01 pm 

Also I meant to post the screenshot you requested. Here is a list of everything you griefed from Jib's area

Attachments:
2015-07-21_22.42.18.png
2015-07-21_22.42.18.png [ 634.65 KiB | Viewed 3916 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:48 pm 

Alright, thanks Sharrq!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:37 pm 

Found the logs

[19:23:26] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m Nighttt hey so i need help tearing this thing down
[19:23:29] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /tpaccept
[19:23:45] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m nighttt if you wanna help me
[19:23:49] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m nighttt i can pay you
[19:23:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Nighttt issued server command: /m MisterBell what is it
[19:24:03] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /back
[19:24:12] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m nighttt just this castle gate
[19:24:30] [Server thread/INFO]: Nighttt issued server command: /tpa MisterBell
[19:24:33] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /tpaccept
[19:25:03] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m nighttt ok just this big gate here
[19:25:16] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m nighttt starting from here
[19:26:03] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m nighttt yeah take it out
[19:26:05] [Server thread/INFO]: Nighttt issued server command: /m MisterBell the whole thing
[19:26:10] [Server thread/INFO]: MisterBell issued server command: /m nighttt yes

Lifting the perm ban, 5 day temp ban starts today.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:28 pm 

Thank you Sharrq.