It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:36 pm 

So, you asked, and we answered. We have been hearing a few requests to simplify the Server Worlds and get rid of the unused worlds. We are hearing that having so many worlds makes it difficult to play with other people and ultimately may be hurting our server population .... So we listened. Some of us Staff Members have been talking on and off about this and we believe we have a good solution. We want to share this solution with you and get your opinion on it. Keep in mind this is by no means a Final Written in Stone Proposal. This is simply what some of us propose as a solution and we want the rest of the staff's opinions as well as the players themselves. Ultimately you are the ones that will have to be dealing with the changes so we want to make sure that you are happy with these changes.

Below you will find an outline of what we feel is a solid solution. Please add any comments, questions, or concerns to this and we will take it all into mind as we draft up a final solution. Keep in mind, this may also change donation perks as they become more relevant or less relevant.

1. Outright Remove Some Worlds
RPG Nordic - Never really had a good following
RPG City World - Lost its flavor after a while
Strings of Time - You never actually saw this world, but it has been in development for a LONG time. Not really seeing much improvement or progress
RPG War - Never saw this either, but tillian has been working hard on it (See below for our plans for this world)

2. Merge RPG and Survival
Instead of managing a block of survival worlds, and a block of RPG Worlds, we are essentially removing the separation. This means a few things will change which were normally blocked by the separation of these worlds. So RPG Dungeon world would become "Dungeon World" and would share inventory with all other worlds (except those outlined below)
- Inventories will be able to cross "RPG" and "Survival" Worlds. (Except Apoc, Hub, Creative, and Hunger Games)
- MCMMO will function across all worlds (Except Creative) (MCMMO Levels would have to be wiped)
- Griefing would be disallowed in ALL Worlds (Including RPG). This would likely result in the Hawkeye Database being wiped for RPG Worlds so we could start enforcing this.
- PvP Would be Enabled in All Worlds
- Nether would be available across all worlds (Except Apoc ... Maybe)

3. Repurpose the base RPG World.
So as you read earlier, we would get rid of the separation of RPG and Survival Worlds. So what happens to the base RPG World? Well, some exciting things happen in RPG World. This world essentially gets to be used for all the fun addons that many players enjoy, but wouldn't work well across the entire server.
- The contents of RPG War would be copied to RPG
- Additional plugins may be added which only function in RPG (Like Factions, or Magic, etc)

4. De-clutter Warp-zone
Obviously some portals would be removed from Warp Zone. These include the decommissioned worlds listed above (Nordic, City World, SoT, and RPG War). Also being removed from Warp Zone will be the Nether World Portal and the End World Portal. Although we had varying opinions on this topic,

The Argument FOR keeping the portals was that it is its own world, it has its own spawn point, everyone gets dropped into the same area and they can branch out from there. Also, it makes it easy for you to get to the Nether or End, the portals are there available for everyone.

The Argument AGAINST was that if everyone spawns in at the same place, they are surrounded by an area which has already been stripped clean of everything .... they would have to travel a good distance to find anything they were looking for. By getting rid of this portal, everyone can still get to the Nether by creating a Nether Portal (Or by finding the End Portal). And they would be in that location in the world where all the things you are looking for would likely be available.

5. Regenerate Some Worlds
Specifically, we would regenerate The Nether, The End, Dungeon World and Apoc. The Nether specifically needs to be regenerated to accommodate the addition of Nether Quartz. The End would be regenerated simply because the Nether is. And Apoc and Dungeon would get Regenerated to basically refresh the world to start over.

We Would NOT Regenerate New Survival, Old Survival, RPG, Creative, Creative SkyLands, SkyBlock, etc.

Therefore, the final listing of worlds would be as follows

New Survival
Old Survival
RPG
Dungeon World
Apocalypse
Creative
Creative Skylands
Skyblock (Islands)
Hunger Games
Hub World

I believe that is everything ..... I may add to this if I remember anything that I didnt include.

Please add your comments and concerns to this thread, we definitely want feedback on this.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:59 pm 

regarding the end regeneration, i appose this. I have built an ender XP farm, which would be demolished in this regeneration. if there were a way to save my creation and re-import it into this new end, i would happy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 pm 

I think we can avoid regenerating the end, but nether pretty much has to happen.

[ Post made via Android ]

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Keep the suggestions and comments coming guys. This is your minecraft server, make your opinions known!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:45 am 

As you probably know, I am for every change here. The problem is that many people have builds that they took great amounts of time to create and tons of materials that they have gathered over time. Perhaps if people have a total play time of a certain amount to show the time they put in to the server, (this is all just ifs (If the changes follow through)) then they can have a build transferred from one world to a world that will stay. I'll have some more input as time goes forth, its early in the morning where I am.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:01 am 

Which world are you talking about

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:51 am 

Any world being erased or regenerated.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:11 pm 

Dungeon world was never meant too be permanent, so I'm not concerned at all about erasing that one.

Nether ... It has to happen

Apoc its the only one i acknowledge that stuff might be lost. We can talk about it i guess, but I'm pretty sure it will be regenerated

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 am 
Site Admin

Dungeon world has been regenerated every ~3 months since its release. I doubt that is a major concern to anyone though.

I understand that there are some player builds in nether and apoc as well; however, we will give players every opportunity to move supplies and such out of these worlds before regeneration.
If there is a strong opposition to this happening from the community we will work to find a happy median.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:01 pm