It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Arenas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:21 pm 

Some of our arenas are starting to get old and stale, some of which I dont think have been played at all. It is time we refesh some of the arenas, and for that we need your help!

While we could refresh the arenas ourselves, I think you guys would have a better idea of what the players would like. So we need players to create some nice arenas (of various types). If you are interested in creating one of these arenas, please respond below. You will also find the requirements for each below.

Deathmatch -

This needs to be a somewhat large arena, 12 spawn points (Preferably spaced out enough so you cant just turn around and kill someone immediately after spawning).
Needs to be balanced so that players spawned on one side arent at a disadvantage (i.e. bottlenecks to get from one side to the other, etc)

Team Deathmatch -

Needs to be somewhat large, 2 team spawn points on opposite edges of the arena).
Arena needs to be balanced so that one team cant navigate the arena faster than the other. (Ideally mirrored so that each half is identical).

Infection -

I know we have one that was built and never implemented, so if you guys want to use that one then that is fine, but it needs to be redesigned to be more balanced.

Medium to Large arena with two spawn points (Infected and Survivors). These spawns need to be balanced so the infected have multiple ways of getting to the survivors. The current arena that was built is not balanced because the survivors can see the infected coming from any direction, which means they can pick them off and it is impossible to get to the survivors. This either needs to be resolved or a new arena needs to be created

Last Man Standing -

This one is self explanatory, the object of the game is to be the last player standing.
Balanced so you cant get killed immediately after spawning.

Capture the Flag -

We have a capture the flag map that players seem to enjoy (Castles). So if you would rather keep that arena rather than make a new one, then that is fine. I like the Castles CTF Map and i think it is properly balanced so we dont need a new one. Ill leave it up to you guys if you want a new one or to keep the Castles Map

Parkour -

We need 2-3 Parkour Maps of varying dificulties. If you want to keep the existing parkour map as one of them, that is fine. I would like 2 more in addition to that one or 3 new arenas. Either way we need 3 total.

Do not use redstone that doesnt reset by itself (So pressure plates are ok, but not levers or t-flip flops unless there is something built in to reset the redstone (like a timer that closes the door or something like that)).

Post subject: Re: New Arenas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:31 pm 

Interested in making a parkour arena, maybe infection map

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:53 pm 
The Cheetah

Will be working on these this week. Ill make a huge flat area so if yall want a flat place to build, come to me!

EDIT: i set a public warp to the flat area. /warp mgflat please don't build too close to others.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:24 am 

Come check out my map for TDM / Infected
THE TOWER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:22 am 

Hey guys, try not to all make the same thing. I only need 1 of each of these (unless i said otherwise for that particular arena). So dont all make the same arena type please. I dont want to have to pick between multiple arenas of the same type

Also the way I would like to do arena refreshes moving forward is to refresh any arenas which are not being used.

So after all of these are finished and implemented, I will keep track of which arenas are being used and which ones are not. If an arena isnt being used, it will get removed and replaced with something else. So if you want your arena to stick around, Get people to play in them!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:37 pm 
The Cheetah

So far i think there is 3-4 arenas that are complete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:19 pm 

Wish I could try to make a map, can't due to obvious reasons

*****USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST*****

If you make a game about yourself, will this mean you are the creator of your own life?
-AnimaniaCrafter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:09 am 

Ok seriously, are you just going to go around the forums bumping really old posts that aren't relevant anymore just to sulk about being banned?

Yea we get it, you are banned and you aren't happy about it. There is absolutely no reason to bump really old threads every other day just to remind everyone that you're banned.

[ Post made via Android ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Banned, that should take take of things.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:14 pm 

Sorry to bring up this thread again, but are there any more arenas that need to be built?