It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Time has Come ....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:00 am 

Im going to try and avoid a long and drawn out post here and try and keep it quick and to the point ... but we all know by now that im not capable of short posts, so before I lose all of you to a wall of text ....

I am stepping down from my position as an Admin for Silver Towers and will no longer be actively contributing to the maintenance and support of the MineCraft Server.

I have been around for quite a while (about 4 years now) and in that time I have met a lot of cool people and made some really good friends. Silver Towers has never been about playing MineCraft for me (as I am sure you are all aware by my repeated reminders about how i dont play MineCraft, I just login, alt tab, and work on the server side). But it was a way for me to use my experience to help keep things active and running, take the load off of Silver's back, and to help bring in new features and attractions to the server.

I enjoyed helping to keep the server running and helping to ensure that you all got to continue playing the game that you all loved, with the community that we have built here. There have been many times where I have considered how I would be better off not dealing with the frustrations of demanding, angry, disrespectful players ... but ultimately I knew that it was a job someone had to do and I didnt want to see the server crumble .... You can thank Carnage for consistently talking me off the ledge ...

Well now, years later, now that most of the community has moved on to other games and the server becomes less and less active, it is time I move on as well. Additionally, keep in mind that this is NOT me saying the server will no longer be maintained, this is just me saying that the server will not be maintained anymore by ME.

To those that have stuck around from the beginning, thank you for helping to make this community what it is.
To all the current and former staff, thank you for keeping the players in line, the server running, and the community growing.
And to all the people that couldn't stand me and hated me for banning their friends, this is probably the best post you have ever read .... You're Welcome!

For those that know me, I will still be around in other games, so feel free to reach out if you want to do something.

Goodbye Everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:37 pm 

As late as I am to this farewell, and in the short time I've seen you appear and work hard to keep the server clean of "trash", I want to extend my thanks to you, as a user, for being awesome :) I wish you the very best and look forward to seeing you again!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:11 pm 

It sucks for many reasons and on so many levels, but I understand why you have decided to make this change. I hope to see you again soon in another realm perhaps on No Man's sky.... Oh wait that won't happen. Anyway thank you for what you've done (especially cleaning up after my messes and giving me the required knowledge to prevent myself from destroying the server).

On a seperate note if we ever cross paths in the real world you're in for one hell of a party.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:24 pm 

:'{ take care Sharrqy I hope you find better, bluer and greater waters bruh. Thanks for teaching me a good deal of stuff as an assistant and tolerating my annoying side, can't tell ya how much that means to me. It was such an honor to work along side with you even if I wasn't much of a contribution I liked being on the same team with someone as cool as you man.

What do you call a good steak joke? A rare medium well done ;D AYYEEE I'm here all week folks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Let this be a lesson to you all, if you ignore someones resignation long enough, it becomes invalidated and they have to keep working.