It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

How would you feel if we got rid of Old Survival and Creative Skylands?
If you do, I will hunt you down and kill you and your family 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
If I can move my build to New Survival/Creative, then OK 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
If I can download a copy of the map for my own use, then OK 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Sure, get rid of them 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 14
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:01 pm 

We keep getting the suggestion over and over again to get rid of some worlds and have the basic worlds instead. While I will point out we removed several worlds recently ... apparently that isnt enough (According to some people).

So here is a poll, seems some players want to get rid of one Survival Map and 1 Creative Map, so this poll is a "How would you feel if we got rid of x" Poll.

Feel free to vote and add any comments you want.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 pm 

EDIT: In other words, I have WAY WAY WAY too many builds in old survival. From my first town I made to the Drakkoforde (Can't remember how to spell it... ._.), it would be too much to copy over. I have jungle houses, houses I can't find anymore, mineshafts that stretch for miles...I don't want to lose all of my hard work. Mineshafts can't be copied. If I'm just the old hippie staying in Old Survival, and everyone wants it gone, I can live with having some of it copied over...but that's last case scenario.

EDIT 2: Oh, and I don't care at all about Skyland. I wouldn't care if the whole thing got blown up. Well, actually, people have some builds there that they love...so not blown up. Whatever, you get the point.

Last edited by DSStriker006 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:13 pm 

Sure get rid of it haha.

[ Post made via iPod ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm 

"I take AD runes on AP mids because it makes it easier to farm."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 pm 

So far, five people will be hunting Grasty if Old Survival and Creative Skylands are removed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:54 am 

Count me in.

[ Post made via iPod ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:44 pm 

Here's the problem. There are just too many things in new survival, for Gato and I alone, we would request 7 ENTIRE continents to be moved, because it can't just be the buildings, and moving 7 continents, of a large scale, would be fairly impossible. Also, there are too many builds that would be deleted, and them being deleted without the consent of the builders..Would be akin to grieving, and if people started talking about Admins grieving..Shit could happen. There would be too many complications to Old Survival being deleted, But Creative Skylands..Does anyone even really use it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:33 pm 

One thing to consider is that in the next update (supposedly) there is going to be a new type of biome . My suggestion would be *bracing for hate* get rid of both survival worlds and everyone can copy over a certain amount of stuff. This might be totally impractical due to the fact that some players have many builds that they would not like to see just deleted after hours/days/weeks of work but to get to these new biomes, players will have to travel very long distances to find them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:59 pm 
The Cheetah

Yes I am the main person to push this idea, but I have seen many players say they would like this change. Its always good to have input from everyone on this.

The reasons I would like to see this change is because things are kind of a mess. There are tons of builds that players never use any more. Also the protection system for a long time was a huge mess. Pvp is almost non existent other than people just messing around and looting is near impossible.

In other words, if we reset everything, it would give us the chance to get everything straight and a much cleaner server presentation. We could make an economy that actually works for everyone and have a reason to have money. Pvp could be more fun if we made it so you have to buy chest protection and property protections, looting would be possible. Having everyone in same world would make player interaction more common.

What if we could work out some kind of deal, such as a week early access for vips, more starting money, a large chest filled with any of their old items, 2 free chest protections and a free 100x100 property protection?

[ Post made via Android ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:28 pm 

If all players can collect their tools, armor, weapons, and precious materials with more than a week period to get their stuff together, I would actually not have too big of a problem with it.