It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What is your favorite Plan for Survival?
Plan 3 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Plan 4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Plan 5 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
None of these 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 13
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:38 pm 

Ok, so the Survival World discussions have sort of expanded beyond what I expected, so a few of us got together and thought of an ideal situation (from a server perspective, not necessarily a user perspective). We want to see how many of you would be for or opposed to this..

Before we start, keep the following things in mind as we progress through this discussion.

A third Survival world is likely going to be created in the very near future to accommodate the inclusion of the new biome which is getting added next patch. If we do not create the new world, everyone will have to travel a very far distance in order to find the new biome. However, Creating a third survival map makes the current issue of too many worlds even worse.

The PvP System is primarily broken right now because everything in both survival worlds is protected. Houses are protected, chests are protected, etc. This makes it difficult to PvP unless you happen upon someone out in the wild (which never happens because there is too many worlds).

The economy is broken because it is too easy for everyone to make a ton of money, primarily from xp farms and ender farms and the people who can spawn items (The $101+ Donators).

That being said, here are our four ideas, please vote for your favorite idea
All Plans include removing New Survival, RPG, Apoc, and Dungeon World.

Plan 1

Plan removed due to lack of interest

Plan 2

Plan Removed due to lack of interest

Plan 3
Old Survival becomes "Spectate Mode". New Survival is Removed
VIPs get some starting cash and items, maybe a free protection or two.
We create 2 worlds. New New Survival and Factions
New New Survival - You pay to protect your stuff (chests, doors, land, everything). PvP Enabled. No Griefing
Factions World - Factions, PvP, Warring Factions, etc.

Plan 4
Convert Old Survival into a Creative Map. Remove New Survival. Create New New Survival to Plan 3's Specs

Plan 5

New Survival is Removed. Old Survival remaind where it is with some limitations (portals to Old Survival are removed, VIPs only, No PVP, No MCMMO, Inventory doesnt leave Old Survival, Griefing Allowed?, etc)
Everything else is the same as Plan 3.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:01 pm 

How would the ability to move builds and items work? This greatly effects my decision.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:29 pm 

Builds and Items wouldnt move ....

Old Survival would either become a creative map, or potentially a "Spectate Only" map so you can look but not change stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:57 pm 

The 4 plans have been modified after further discussions. So if you voted, you may need to re-vote.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:07 pm 

Can I keep my collection of swords looted from a bunch of players that were banned ages ago?

"I take AD runes on AP mids because it makes it easier to farm."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:12 pm 

For now lets assume you wont be able to bring anything with you to the new worlds (since we dont want old players to just bring all their awesome stuff over an unbalance the world). We want to make sure PvP and the Economy mean something in these worlds.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:20 pm 

Also, as a thought, what if we allowed Griefing in Factions World?

So if you have your base, you get a protection around that based on how many followers you have. If you build a wall outside of your protection, it can be torn down. This would help assist the warring factions and encourage pvp as part of claiming other factions territories.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:32 pm 

I really wouldn't have a problem with it if this had happened before, and happened often, like a once every 2 month reset, but to delete all that progress..It just doesn't seem right. If it does happen though, which it seems it definitely will, it should happen often.

"I take AD runes on AP mids because it makes it easier to farm."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:17 am 

Well...none of the plans appeal to me. Maybe the Old Survival becomes some sort of a whitelisted world, but still on the server and still active. Or, perhaps, if we were allowed an inventory of items to bring over and nothing else, I could be fine with that, I guess. This could be a VIP thing or a normal thing. VIPs should also get several days to do what they want with in New New Survival. To get away from spawn, to find materials, etc. Or everyone gets several days without PvP or looting where they can ready themselves for when it is all allowed. I'm just not happy that you asked for our opinion on it, and 8 people said they would do anything to keep it, and it seemed to be completely ignored. If I missed something, please tell me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:02 am 

Striker, no one ignored anything.

In fact three of the four plans involve old survival still being there. Two of them involve it being spectate only, so that your builds are still there, and you can show them off to your friends but can't build there anymore. And one plan involves making old survival into a creative map so you can continue your builds. So you must not have read them all if you think we ignored what was said in the other poll

[ Post made via Android ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next