It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Condensing Server Worlds - Final Vote
Plan 1 83%  83%  [ 10 ]
Plan 2 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
None of these 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:01 pm 

Ok, time for a fresh start. Refer to the old poll for the progress of how this has all come to be. (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1574).

I talked things over with Silver and a couple Admins, we have come up with our FINAL TWO OFFERS. These two offers are the final offers we will make, no more swaying back and forth. If we are going to have this all ready for the next patch, we need to make a decision NOW so we can finish prepping things and testing plugins. There will be 3 Options to this poll. Plan 1, Plan 2, and None of these. If you vote None, you need to explain why otherwise your vote WILL NOT COUNT.

Choose whichever Plan you like the most.

PLAN 1

The Feed the Beast Server is Removed and turned into the Archive Server. All the worlds that we are getting rid of, would be copied there. The server would be whitelisted, and will not be maintained. So it will have no donator perks, you must be a VIP to get on the whitelist (since a Creative Map would be over there). The maps which would be moved over there are Old Survival, New Survival, Nether, End, Creative Skylands, and RPG.
The main server would receive a Survival Map and a Factions Map, plus the existing Creative Map. Also staying on the main server would be Skyblock, Hunger Games, and Arenas.

This way, all the donators can have the worlds they love and it can be separated from the main server. Yes this may split our population a bit, but it may be worth it. The Archive Server will have a 10 player cap.

P.S. The reason we are saying to remove FTB is because we cant create a new server, we can only use the two servers. So logically, FTB would have to go in order to keep these worlds.

PLAN 2

FTB Stays. New Survival, Nether, End, Creative Skylands, and RPG would be removed from the main server (and offered up as a download ... keep in mind some of these maps are upwards of 8GB). Old Survival would be turned into a Spectate Only Map, you can get to your builds but cant change anything.
Main Server keeps the existing Creative Map and adds a Survival Map and a Factions Map plus Skyblock, Hunger Games, and Arenas.

This plan is identical to PLAN 3 of the previous Poll.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:23 am 
Site Admin

Let me take a moment to chime in on what and why these changes are taking place.

To put it shortly, our current server model is obviously broken. I can understand that many of you are uneasy about losing builds and progress on the server; however, if given the chance to deploy these changes we will see a rise in player numbers and interactions. I have worked on this server since January 2011 it has had its good times and bad times and ultimately I look forward to many more years of bringing game servers to the community and making many more friends. We have been in somewhat of a bind the last few months player counts have been rather low and the staff is largely maintaining the costs of this server. The staff and I are in agreement that this is the best course of action to bring you all the best server we can and to do that, things need to change.

I have had the joy of watching this server grow up from nothing into an active community with a minecraft server clocking unique logins in the thousands. I know some players here are not exclusive to this server or even this community. I would love to change that. I have talked to many players on here about things they would like to see changed. These plans are a reflection of what the staff has heard from the community. These do involve some sacrifice but allow me to say players are not the only ones to give up something. The staff has crafted dozens of worlds, configured 100s of plugins, setup 3 minecraft servers, and spent thousands of collective hours to offer as much as we could. The staff agrees (and we hope you will to) that it is in the best interests of the server to redeploy our world systems.

tl;dr: The server needs a playerbase to help maintain itself, we are giving it our best shot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:46 am 

Yeah..Uh..Plan 1 is better anyway..

"I take AD runes on AP mids because it makes it easier to farm."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am 

In the case that Plan 1 goes through, which I am guessing it will:

May the VIPs build the hub spawn for it? Completely built by us, since we're the ones who are going to be using it, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:36 am 

We arent getting rid of HUB. The Hub spawn is staying.

That being said, Uber is working on a Spawn for the new Survival world (maybe you have seen the tree?) Perhaps he would be willing for you to help.

I believe the initial thought is to use tillian's castle from RPG War as the spawn for Factions. But i havent asked him that or anything.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:41 am 

Already asked. Uber said no, "You always ask to help and then do nothing." Its not really that, its just that I try my hardest to build something, then its awful and somebody else does it and mine is trashed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:44 pm 

Well that is a discussion to be had elsewhere. Lets try to stay on topic in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:30 am 

I have absolutely no problem and support plan 1 FULLY!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:34 am 

So far, it looks unanimous. The only problem may be with non-VIP veterans.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm 

Why are there so many heartless people? voting to remove FTB? *sighs* it looks like I'll have to find another server to play on....