It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 pm 

Hi guys. Yes, it's me again applying for this once more.

I'm goreisthenewpink and currently 20 years old. I'm applying to be assistant because I've came back to the server lot more mature. Honestly the reason why I'd like to join the staff because it seems fun, and I've loved this server for a long time. I think I'd have fun being staff and helping people. I don't really have favorites or anything since mostly it random people I play with. I want to learn more about how mine craft server is actually ran.. like permission and etc. Obviously I could learn from Grasty. :D

Thank you for time. :3

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:28 am 

Gore for assistant 2014

"I take AD runes on AP mids because it makes it easier to farm."

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:54 pm 
The Cheetah

Staff policy to not support anything that Jib supports.

[ Post made via Android ]

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:04 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:38 am 
The Cheetah

I am willing to give you a shot at it. But I did tell you that your reputation from your past here might not go well with others here, and if you do get assistant then you will be on a much tighter leash. In other words, if you screwup then it will not go well for you.

I support this app.

[ Post made via Android ]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:33 am 

I have to say, i have never been this conflicted about an assistant application ever. There have been applications where I was leaning one way but wasn't sure, but never one that i had no idea what to say or how to cast my vote. So congratulations, you made this difficult for me.

I do have concerns, and i think most of them are the concerns you expected.

First, you did just get off of a permanent ban and have been banned several times in the past. Also the last ban was worse for me cause you lied to me and there is few things i hate more than when people try and lie to me and then continue to lie to me even after i tell them i know they are lying. So that did not sit with me right at all. Plus there was the situation with Night Archer, and the situation with Luke, and the situation with alec. You had a pretty disastrous reputation back then and im not 100% sure that we wont see it again. I will readily admit that you are 50,000 times better now than you were back then and that you seem to have matured quite a bit ... but this could very well be the calm before you go back to the way things used to be.

Second, there were a few people who were openly upset and even pissed that you were unbanned. The last thing i want is to create a big conflict with those people (some of which are staff) because we unbanned you AND made you staff.

Third, im a little worried how you will handle issues with other people given that i know how you used to interact with people in the server. The last thing i want is to have new players come in to see immature staff that are creating conflicts as opposed to resolving them (that being said, im not saying that you are immature, but I am concerned that it will happen).

That all being said, I am a very forgiving person. If you piss me off, you have a >80% chance of me forgiving you because that is just the way I am. I think the fact you are unbanned is pretty solid proof of that. But i dont know that I want to take that extra leap to making you staff this quickly.

Also, the staff is starting to get bigger and bigger for a server that doesnt have many people playing on it, I worry that our staff is already too big given that we dont have the player base. However, I realize everyones schedules are different so we typically dont have more than 2-3 staff online at a given time, but at the moment we have 6 Admins, 1 Mod, and 4 Assistants (Plus Herbal is likely coming back in a couple weeks). I dont know that I can justify having another assistant.

Ive talked to Uber about it and I know he is willing to give you a shot, hence his response supporting your application. If this does get accepted, then you should know you are on a very tight leash (much like Jib was), if it isnt working out then we will not hesitate to remove you.

So for the TL;DR version: I have a mixed decision. I do want to give you a shot, but I dont want to make you an assistant quite yet. So I am going to say I do not support this application, but im willing to work with you to get you to the point where I am comfortable supporting this. Essentially I need to see you interacting with people and being involved before I can comfortably support this and be able to sleep at night knowing that you have it covered :P

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:47 pm 

I agree with grasty, but i really do want to see you succeed :D

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:28 pm 

Well thank you guys :D

means lots :3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:34 am 

This application has been open for a month and has not received the required number of votes. This application is now Closed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]