It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:24 am 

Hello Guy, Gals and those of a CHUD nature.

Silver Towers is a much-loved friend of mine. One which I hold dear. A friend that has taught me a lot about respecting other players and even if Minecraft becomes the most obsolete game on the market I will continue to come back and enjoy the server. It also taught me that becoming a staff member is not just some position that can be abused. It has shown how friendly other players are. It has treated me well and allowed me to make friends with the kick-ass staff members of this server. Honestly the server is the only server I can stay on. I never feel unwelcome, I never feel as though an admin is going to purge me for being who I am. I can just get on with the task at hand and have a good joke with the Guys and Gals that run the joint. I hope my message wasn’t lost in that last sentence, but to reiterate, if I can’t help this community then my Minecraft life will slowly wither away until it is nothing but party games and horrible gonad pixel art….

I want to become a moderator because it will allow me to further my ability to help new players and assist them whilst they play on the server. It’s not about the power although with it I can support the ever-growing community… Hell… If I am considered for this role I will devote my time and effort, even if it gets busy to create an even bigger growth in the popularity of the server. The ability to help and support is a powerful trait to hold dear when working with this server. It can make or break a situation and this heralds a whole new level of responsibility.

After an almost 15 month period as Assistant, and as the longest standing player with this position, I more than meet the requirements for that prerequisite. I’m not of 18 yet however I am not that far off. I know I know… It’s not going to cut it just saying that it’s “not that far off”, but. Regardless to my physical age I am almost certain that my maturity level surpasses that of most 18 year olds currently. I try my best to take problems and queries presented by players seriously as well as requests from Admins. I believe that it’s not just down to these prerequisites. I believe that in order for me to advance in the ranks I must gain the trust of the staff members. It would be too long of a post for me to individually profile and compare and contrast the relationships between me and the Admins (as well as mods) so I thought I’d lay out a blanket statement that follows: I trust all the Admins, that is a given. I believe that a majority of the Admins trust me, but that is not a statement that I can make. I understand this role will require the ultimate level of trust so I ask that you give me that and trial me in this position.

As of the submission of this application I am on a two-week holiday in which I can devote some serious time to the server. I think this is relevant mainly because it allows for a trial period, but also because it will cover for the time that a majority of the admins cannot be on due to time zone restraints. Observations have lead me to believe that the constant need from the players is taking its toll on the already tired admins. If I become moderator I can alleviate some of that sleep deprivation that supposedly builds character.

To summarize, I would like to advance from my current position as Assistant and continue with extra powers to make Silver Towers a better place for everyone. The community wouldn’t be what it is today, probably nothing at all if it weren’t for the staff of Sliver Towers. Let me help keep the Silver Knight Gaming Community alive!

Yours truly,
Herbal Foxxy

-Blake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 am 

First off I want to thank you for the time you have spent helping the community and it's players. As one of the first Assistants you certainly have been an Assistant for the longest period of time and in that time have not created any issues (that I can think of), and have followed the staff guidelines. It is nice to see the dedication that you have for this community and it's players and the willingness to take on more and be of further help to the community.

I will also say that I do trust you, I dont have to worry about what kind of experience the players are going to get when you are online and I have faith that you will continue to help the community however you can.

That all being said, I do have concerns and I feel that this will also be the primary concern of the rest of the admins .... Although you have in fact been an Assistant the longest, much of that time was spent away from the server. While you did update us to let us know you were focusing on school and would not be around (which is more than fine, school should definately come first), it leaves us with the fact that you simply were not around for a long period of time. You have been back for a couple months, but your activity has not been all that great until the last week. I have seen you online quite a bit lately, which makes sense given your comment about being on a 2 week holiday. My concern, is that you are here now, but where will you be in two weeks? Will you still be around? or will you be taking the school year off again?

I dont want to discourage you because I feel that given some training you could do great things as a Mod and would likely make a great Mod, but Im worried that we are going to spend the next 2 weeks training you and then the school picks back up and we dont see you until May/June or you are around but like once every 2 weeks.

In conclusion, I am willing to spend some time showing you the ropes and getting you trained, but I (and i think all of us) need to know what your schedule is going to look like moving forwards.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:06 pm 
The Cheetah

I agree 100% with what Grasty says. However I do think its time to bump you up to mod, so I'm great with you being mod right away if the others agree. Even if you have been gone awhile, you have never given me any worries or concerns of any sort.

[ Post made via Android ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:21 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 pm 

Your response seems a little bit defensive to me, and im sure that is not how you meant it. May be a misunderstanding of my post as well.

I am not trying to criticise you nor am I saying that i dont think you will do great, I do think you will do just fine as a Mod. I just have to look at it a little differently given that we have 1 Mod at the moment ... and I personally have not seen him on in quite a while so I dont want to add another Mod that isnt ever around.

But given your response, I think that is reasonable. No one is asking for you to be around every day all day (like carnage), hell im only around 2-3 days a week (currently less than that during the lull before 1.8). I just want to make sure we are giving Mod to someone we can rely on, thats all ... and I think we can with you.

Still have quite a ways to go before this is approved, but i will support it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:03 am 
Site Admin

Supported. You and Dale give me something to read in the chat logs at 3am. I like that.

You knew I was going to support this. You knew.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:31 am 

Thank you Sharrq, Uber and Silver! I appreciate the responses and the support!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:22 pm 

Approved

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:51 pm 
The Cheetah

Seeing as it's very unlikely that percales or Qwantom will give a reply, I think its safe to say congrats on the promotion! Welcome [Mod]HerbalFoxxy !

[ Post made via Android ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:57 pm 

I apologize for not responding earlier.. I do support this, congratulations Herbal!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next